Monday 11 October 2010

A bit of silk, some dark lipstick

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Even though I do follow what's new during fashion week, it is usually with a desinterested interest: most of my personal inspiration is historical, cultural, 20th century menswear classics, although I suppose that said like that, it all comes round to the same to a certain point. But sometimes, history and runway meet up, a look of a present season reminds me of something else and it makes me like it the better. This is why I got very excited when I saw the Vuitton collection which reminds me of the 1910s-1920s, partly inspired by what comes in mind when talking about early 20th century Chinese imports. The essence of this look is something so elegant and frivolous at the same time, it makes me weak in the knees, shiver with eagerness for a nightly outing. Marc Jacobs, no matter what he does, has been keeping me excited about fashion since I first opened a fashion magazine.

Photos via style.com and The Sartorialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.