Friday 9 March 2012

"Feed your head!"

Image022_24A
my photo.
I have shared this with you in the past, but I would like to reiterate my love for Miette's Bedtime Story Podcast. All the short stories the mysterious Miette chooses to read are excellent, and she is a very eloquent reader with a lovely voice. It's a bit of a shame that some of the earliest recordings's sound quality is low, but I was delighted when I read that she is in the process of re-recording some of those older pieces.

All of her stories are pure treats, and while I always long to hear her voice whenever she has guest readers, there is this one amazing story read by a guest reader I need to direct you towards, as it comprises amongst other things the best peacock song immitation I've ever heard: Feathers, by Raymond Carver.
Outside of her regular program, she has written and recorded a hilarious and fascinating piece on laughing tracks. Go have a listen here, if you'd like.

Growing up, I loved--probably like most children--to have stories read to me before bed, although I must admit that my wish to see the illustrations, or keep a close eye on the words actually destroyed the soothing effect the stories might have had. But here, there's no book to follow from, and as my days grow more and more busy with school, I always look forward to reclining in bed with a hot cup of tea, preferably this one, and to drift off to sleep with one (or two or three, I must admit) of Miette's stories.

What about you, do you listen to podcasts regularly? Please feel free to share any podcasts you enjoy, I'm always on the lookout for new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.