Saturday 25 August 2012

Bonjour Mr. Phelps

via here.
Things have been quiet around here because surprise surprise, my computer broke down again. The good news is, I am (finally) getting a new one in the next few days. This blog has probably been created on one of the oldest computers of the blogosphere, a 2005 or 2006 model I had (surprise surprise, again) gotten secondhand.

So to keep you (but mainly me) patient until I put my hands on my new futuristic machine, I'd like to share with you another cool podcast I have been listening to regularly, Bonjour Mr. Phelps.

The format of Bonjour Mr. Phelps is actually closer to that of a playlist/automatic jukebox than that of most podcasts. Each episode lasts between 30 minutes and an hour, and is filled with amazing 1960s music ranging from straightforward rock to funk, or from psychrock to yéyé, all this occasionally cut with French radio soundbites. Bonjour Mr. Phelps is hosted by Popmeter, which self-explanatorily calls itself 'the home of rare 60s music' and allows members to post their own compilations on a section of the site. Since the podcast and the compilations are available for free via iTunes, I have been hoarding a mix of both on my other futuristic gadget, and streaming them nonstop through all my public transportation travels.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camille! Sorry it took so long to write back about the Betina Lou skirt! It is a beautiful soft combed cotton. Hope you get to come and try it on soon on your next visit to Ottawa!

    ReplyDelete

Dear reader, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I do my best to respond to all comments in a timely manner, and although I sometimes may be slow, you can be sure they will all be answered by the time a new post has been published.